The first novel coronavirus case has been diagnosed in Turkey, the country’s Health Minister Fahrettin Koca confirmed early on Wednesday, SIA reports.
Addressing a press conference in capital Ankara, Koca said that first confirmed case of the coronavirus was a Turkish national who had travelled from Europe. He added that the patient has been placed in isolation and all his close relatives have been quarantined. The health minister said that all necessary precautions have been taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Turkey and that a single case poses no threat to the country. The Turkish health ministry had also announced that the leaves of all its officials had been cancelled.
Earlier during the day, Koca had urged the public to take precautions against the virus in the coming month. Koca said he would meet with the country’s education minister in coming days and discuss temporally closing schools. The Turkish presidency can publish a notice restricting civil servants’ international travel except in obligatory cases, he added. He dismissed reports that an elderly US woman tested positive for the virus after visiting Turkey.
Bütün xəbərlər Facebook səhifəmizdə