Azerbaijan Press Council condemns insulting publications in Russian media
The Azerbaijan Press Council has strongly condemned the publication of insulting materials and threats against the Azerbaijani state, people and leadership in Russian media.
According to SİA, citing a statement by the council, the organization described such publications as completely contrary to the spirit of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Russia, as well as ties between the media communities of the two countries.
"Some Russian media outlets are spreading obscene, insulting and threatening materials and statements against the Azerbaijani state, people, leadership and prominent figures. We consider this completely contrary to the principles of civilized journalism, ethical standards and human values," the statement said.
The council expressed regret that such incidents in Russia's information space have become systematic.
The statement emphasized that Azerbaijani media have always exercised sensitivity when covering issues concerning neighboring countries, including Russia, and have avoided statements that go beyond professional principles.
"Therefore, such unpleasant developments in the Russian information space cause deep regret and justified dissatisfaction among the Azerbaijani public," the Press Council said.
The organization strongly condemned the developments and called on the Russian media community and public to take serious measures against actions aimed at undermining Azerbaijani-Russian media ties and friendly relations between the two peoples.
"We once again emphasize the unacceptability of insulting statements and threats directed against the Azerbaijani state, people and its prominent representatives. The systematic appearance of such materials in the context of strict legislative regulation of Russia's information space is tantamount to their approval at the level of the state policy of the Russian Federation," the statement said.
The Press Council also reminded the authors of such statements of the legal liability provided for by law.
On August 17, Azerbaijan's Prosecutor General's Office announced that three Russian citizens had been placed on an international wanted list over calls for terrorism: Moscow 24 presenter and journalist Ivan Andreyevich Knyazev, Semyon Sergeyevich Uralov, who presents himself in Russia as a political consultant and media expert, and Russian Transport Minister's adviser Alexei Alexandrovich Chadayev, who works as a television journalist and correspondent.
According to the Prosecutor General's Office, a preliminary investigation is underway into a criminal case opened over public calls for the violent overthrow of Azerbaijan's constitutional order, violations of the country's territorial integrity, incitement to national hatred and enmity, as well as public calls for terrorism.
The individuals made calls on July 14, 2026, during the "Clarity of Understanding" program, advocating the use of violent methods against the Republic of Azerbaijan, the violent overthrow of the country"s constitutional order and violation of its territorial integrity, as well as incitement to national hatred and enmity.
Bütün xəbərlər Facebook səhifəmizdə

USD
EUR
GBP
RUB