The death toll in the devastating earthquake in Turkiye has risen to 3,381.
SİA informs via Anadolu that a total of 20,426 people were injured.
09:05
At least 2,921 people were killed and 15,834 others injured in 10 provinces of Turkiye due to two strong earthquakes that jolted the southern part of the country, an official from the nation’s disaster agency said early Tuesday.
Early Monday morning, a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck Pazarcik district of Kahramanmaras province and strongly shook several other provinces, including Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Diyarbakir, Adana, Adiyaman, Malatya, Osmaniye, Hatay and Kilis.
Then at 13.24 p.m. (1024GMT), a 7.6 magnitude quake centered in Kahramanmaras’s Elbistan district struck the region.
Yunus Sezer, head of the Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD), said the quakes were followed by 243 aftershocks and 6,217 buildings collapsed.
Around 16,400 search and rescue personnel are working in the region, Sezer said, adding that 65 countries have offered help so far.
Bütün xəbərlər Facebook səhifəmizdə

USD
EUR
GBP
RUB