The network of Bakcell, The First Mobile Operator and The Leading Mobile Internet Provider of Azerbaijan, supports the most advanced and modern technologies to deliver the high level customer experience.
Along with presenting the high quality mobile internet and expanding its network and technological opportunities, Bakcell measures the capabilities of devices which can bring even more advantage to customers using its voice and data services.
The monitoring of devices conducted through the Customer Experience Management System of Bakcell shows that to get full benefit from technologies available at Bakcell network and experience the best quality, customers should use capable and quality devices.
At present, the market offers various terminals of different brands and with different capabilities’ set at different prices. Bakcell promises the better quality of its voice and data services to customers who make a proper decision in selecting their devices. Here are some suggestions for Bakcell customers:
* Device should support Bakcell network Frequency Bands: GSM 900 (Band 8), GSM 1800 (Band 3), UMTS 900 (Band 8), UMTS 2100 (Band 1), LTE 1800 (Band 3).
To start using LTE services subscriber should get USIM card in Bakcell Customer Service Center. UMTS 900 support is very important to be able to use 3G in regions with better quality.
Device should support technologies provided by Bakcell network: GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, DC-HSPA, LTE, LTE-A (Cat 4, Cat 6), VoLTE. Quality and speed of Bakcell services is directly related to what frequencies and technologies a particular device can support. For example, some older devices may not support LTE (or even 3G) technology, and some devices, even newer ones, may support the technology partially with some limitations, or not support the frequencies of Bakcell network at all.
* It is recommended to purchase devices from well-known and popular brands (e.g., Apple, Sony, Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, Nokia, Microsoft, Bakcell etc.) as those devices are powerful, reliable and have high quality designed transceiver system that ensures stable signal reception and experiencing a better coverage in the network. According to Bakcell Customer Experience report , users who have devices Apple iPhone 5/5S, 6/ 6 Plus/ 6S/ 6S Plus, Samsung Galaxy S5 / S6 / S6 Edge, Sony Xperia Z3 / Z4 / Z5, HTC One M9, LG G3 / G4 get significantly higher quality of experience at Bakcell network.
* Customer should avoid purchasing fake and no-name devices (e.g., EXPLAY, Sunny Alricson, Suny Ericssom, Sully Erison, Konka, Nouka, Nony, Jinpeng, etc.). These devices use slow and low quality processors, non-optimized software, and weak transceiver system. This leads to bad customer experience and bad perception of network quality as well as frequent signal and coverage loss, causing subscriber being unreachable. During device testing by Bakcell it was discovered that these kinds of devices can send SMSs
non-visible to user and causing money loss. Moreover such devices cannot be automatically configured by network central device management system.
* It is recommended to use single SIM card devices. In many cases Dual/Triple/Quad SIM devices are sharing same transceiver and cannot simultaneously receive calls, SMSs coming to two different SIMs inserted to the same device. In such cases, user will get bad experience of being unreachable, being busy, faster device battery drain, and limited use of network services and technologies (typically only one SIM can support operations in 2G, 3G, and LTE, while 2nd, 3rd, and 4th will operate only in 2G mode). Frequent change of network cause hanging software services in device which leads problems.
* It is recommended to check that device is officially imported to Azerbaijan and duly registered, as device IMEI information is always validated by Central EIR system of MCHT (Ministry of communications and high technologies). Subscriber can check his device IMEI number via the settings menu or by dialing *#06# against the code printed on device’s box. IMEI code should be the same in all sources. If it’s not, there is a possibility that this particular device might be stolen or fake, and it may not be able to connect to Bakcell network.
* Subscriber must ensure that he has correct Internet settings configured in his device. Bakcell is using special and best of breed Device management platform to automatically deliver necessary Internet settings to devices in its network. At the time when Bakcell SIM card is inserted in a new device for the first time, automatic Internet settings provisioning will be performed by Bakcell Device management system. Subscriber has to follow the recommendations received in configuration SMS from Bakcell. Most devices today support this feature; however, for some smartphones (such as iOS and Windows Phone managed devices) subscriber has to follow the link sent by SMS to download the settings. As tablet devices do not support SMSs, it is recommended to manually configure APN setting to internet.bakcell.com. Also it must be considered that some Android devices store configuration SMSs in special phone folder.
* Older phones batteries drain much quicker due to potentially higher output power usage to be able to reach network or due to aging of batteries. Although Bakcell network support much higher data speeds, low quality devices limits throughput and overheated due to its internal composition quality, which leads much more power consumption and quicker battery drainage and bad experience. In same location different set of phones may observe completely different coverage and quality perception. If quality of phone is higher even with low signal levels, good data throughput level can be achieved.
Wireless device getting more complex with their increasing functionality and quality of it defines significantly the service quality will be received. Bakcells hope that these recommendations will help our customer to select right devices and start benefiting from latest technologies supported by Bakcell network, have stable and reliable connectivity, strong signal, and get highest quality of experience.