The Prince of Wales, who recently visited Colombia and Mexico with the Duchess of Cornwall, is expected to mark his birthday surrounded by close family and friends.
To honour Charles' birthday, HELLO! Online has gathered a list of ten facts about the future King.
The Prince of Wales turns 66 on 14 November
1. Prince Charles was born at Buckingham Palace and the news was announced in a framed notice on the gates. A crowd of around 3,000 started singing For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow when they saw a figure crossing the courtyard who they mistakenly thought was the Duke of Edinburgh.
2. In December 2000, Charles made a notable appearance in Coronation Street. The Prince's visit to the Manchester studios to mark the show’s 40th anniversary was incorporated into the soap’s Coronation Street Live episode. His cameo was watched by 17 million viewers across the United Kingdom.
The Prince had a starring role in Coronation Street
3. He officially became Prince of Wales in July 1958, although his investiture did not take place until July 1969. The televised event, which took place at Caernarfon Castle, North Wales, saw him crowned by his mother and make a speech in both Welsh and English.
4. On 29 July 1981, Charles married Lady Diana Spencer in a ceremony at St Paul's cathedral. The wedding ceremony was watched by 750 million people around the world, with more than 800,000 lining the streets of London. His wedding to Diana was the first wedding of a Prince of Wales since 1863.
5. In February 2005, it was announced Charles was engaged to Camilla Parker Bowles. The two married on 9 April at Windsor Castle, a day later then planned after the Prince had to attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II.
6. In 2013, Charles became a granddad for the first time when his son Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge welcomed their first child, Prince George.
7. As first-in-line to the throne, Charles has many royal titles. In Scotland, he has is known as the Duke of Rothesay. In Cornwall, he has titled the Duke of Cornwall and when visiting Chester he will be addressed as The Earl of Chester.
8. Similar to his daughter-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge, Charles has been recognised as a trendsetter and in 2009 he was voted "best-dressed man in the world" by Esquire magazine.
9. In May 1997, the Prince was taken by surprise at the Prince’s Trust 21st anniversary concert when Spice Girls Mel B and Geri Halliwell kissed him on the cheeks. Ginger Spice Geri told him "You're very sexy. We could spice up your life," before pinching his bottom.
10. One of the Prince's talents includes writing and he published the children's book The Old Man of Lochnagar in1980. The book had originally been planned for his younger brother, Prince Edward.