A US jury has awarded $150m (£100m) to the family of a four-year old boy that died in a crash involving a Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2012.
Remington Walden died after the Jeep he was travelling was struck from behind by a truck, which ruptured its rear fuel tank causing it to ignite.
Chrysler will pay 99% of the sum and the driver of the other vehicle 1%.
In 2013 Chrysler recalled 1.56 million Jeep SUVs built between 1993-98 with similar rear fuel tanks.
The family claimed their son would have been better protected if the tank was placed further forward in the car.